Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June Update

I realized it has been a LONG time since I've updated the blog. I've found that it is on the bottom of my list these days, and that's ok. Life is just too crazy to keep up with everything. I'm just gonna share a few photos of what I've been up to recently.
I've updated my shelf for the Fourth of July. This is my substitute for a mantle. I just pulled together a couple of past crafts (fireworks and flag blocks), and added a few vintage things that I already had. I used a roll of wide burlap and added some flags, super easy. I love adding old tins and greenery to almost everything now.
 I've been taking a yoga basics class at a great studio for about a month and a half. My absolute favorite thing to practice is inversions. I like having someone snap a photo, or setting the timer on my phone, so that I can see my form improve over time. I can't wait until I can do this and have legs that are completely flat, not in a V shape. I can't believe the difference that just these several classes have made in gaining strength and balance. I really can't do most cardio, because I want to be kind to my prosthetic knee. My surgeon told me not to run, so while it feels like the whole world is out conquering the world one mile at a time, I'm just working on perfecting my form. It turns out that this is exactly what my body needs.
 Last week, I took my kids to class with me, and they liked it! I don't know that they will go with me every time, because that would get expensive. It's such good practice for them though, so I'm glad that they ask to come. The sweat literally pours off of us. If you are doing yoga correctly, it is SO much harder than it looks.
 Our girls graduated from 3rd and 4th grade last week! I can't believe we have finished our fourth year of homeschool! This year literally FLEW by.
 Our wonderful teacher is retiring this year, and we are so grateful for all she has taught us. She means the world to us! Several weeks ago we decided that we are going to try independent homeschool in the fall. This will be our first year completely on our own. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. My summer will be full of a lot of curriculum research and planning for the fall, as this will be the first time that the materials aren't just handed to me.
We are LOVING our garden. The growth has been amazing. 
 We also got a new rabbit. Her name is Hazelnut, and sometimes we call her Hazel. She's the first gentle and non-skittish rabbit we've ever had.
 The harvesting has begun in parts of our garden. Some things will take some more time, but I love going out to check on the changes every day.
I'm ready to enjoy the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment