Saturday, December 3, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Sesame Crusted Mahi Mahi and Chicken Skewer}

Last night we left Orange Blossom in a food coma. We both had the 3-course special and we were SO full! Yesterday was Sesame Crusted Mahi Mahi and Chicken Skewer with White Chocolate Lemon Butter! We'll get to that soon, but first of all...the special salad! It was a Avocado Salad with a scoop of Watermelon Salsa Sorbet and Smokey Jalapeno Dressing! We were oohing and ahhing over our salads. There is so much flavor in this bowl, it is hard to know where to begin! Those crispy strips are new, and they were delicious!When I walked in and read the special board, I was SO excited because I saw my favorite sauce...White Chocolate Lemon Butter! It sounds weird, but it is SO good! I swear you could put this sauce on sweat socks and it would taste good! Ok, I'm kidding...but it is my absolute favorite!! The sauce is so rich and creamy.

The mahi mahi is perfectly tender and flaky, and the chicken is moist and delicious. I swirled everything in the sauce, that's what it's there for, right? ;)

It comes with a twice baked potato, ratatouille, garlic bread and sauteed greens. Seriously this is a LOT of food! I can tell you these greens are DELICIOUS!! You wouldn't believe it unless you tried it (and you SHOULD try them!). They were buttery and garlicy...SO good!

Here's another close up of the main course...see those onion strings?! Yum!

Check out the special dessert...Mixed Berry Tart with Pomegranate Ice Cream! We totally DEVOURED this in record time! The tart was warm and steamy, and packed with berries. I'm in love with their pom ice cream, and it makes me thankful that it's pom season here in the valley. ;)

As always, check them out here for hours, menu, and directions. The place is especially hopping during the month of December, so you may want to call for reservations. Also, if you're up for it, you can bring a unwrapped toy to put under their tree for their Toys For Tots collection that they do every year. I know it's a cause dear to Doug and Luci's hearts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment