Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter}

Last Friday night we got back to our normal routine of date night, but with the holidays, I am just now getting around to posting it. We were SO happy to be back where we belong, at our favorite restaurant. We started off the night with Crabcakes. They come with a big scoop of Mashed Potatoes in the middle, and they are fantastic. Crispy edges, and filled with flavor.
The special salad was a Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing. When I say spinach, I mean the real deal, not mini-sized leaves that come from a bag. Look at that picture and TELL me that doesn't look bursting with flavor. I dare you. Ha ha.
I was THRILLED after being away for a few weeks to spend our date nights Christmas shopping and taking care of our sick kids, to see that the Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter was one of the specials. It might just be my absolute favorite! There is no way you can put this thing to your lips and NOT "ooh" and "ahh" over it. You have never tasted a pork chop like this, I assure you. It was served with Ratatouille, Potatoes, Sauteed Greens, and Garlic Bread.
The three course specials always come with dessert. How about a Chocolate Trauma? You can put me in the ER anytime if the trauma involves this dessert! It never, EVER gets any better than homemade ice cream. That's just ALL there is to it!
As always you can check them out here. If you don't have any plans for New Years Eve, call ahead to make a reservation, they're having a special night of live music, and a special menu. I'm sure it'll be a good time at the Junction!

No comments:

Post a Comment