Monday, June 11, 2012

Pasadena, Rose Bowl Flea Market Finds!

This past weekend I got to take a mini girls trip to Pasadena! I have LONG wanted to visit the Rose Bowl Flea Market, and so we planned on going way in advance. I was so excited when the date finally arrived! The flea market is on a Sunday so we had Saturday to do whatever we wanted. We made a pit stop at Ikea in Burbank on the way down south. After we got to the hotel, the beautiful Langham Hotel, we went to Old Town Pasadena for some shopping/eating/exploring. We were hoping to find a few of the cupcake places to try out, but only came across one of them in our time there. 

This is Pasadena City Hall, peeking through the buildings. It was beautiful.

 We walked through one of our hotel's gardens at night. The entire place was SO beautiful!
 We had an early morning relaxing breakfast on the hotel terrace.
 Look at these beautiful scones, and yogurt and berry breakfast! So pretty!

 We arrived at the Rose Bowl at about 8:30 and got GREAT parking really close to the entrance! It was worth it to pay the extra $2 and go before 9am. We meant to be there at 8, but breakfast was just too enjoyable. ;)
We THOUGHT we saw all of the vendors, and THEN we saw there was a bridge in the back of the side section that if you crossed it, looked as though it stretched all the way to the nearby mountain. Seriously, it's enormous! It has 2,600 vendors!

 I had to take a picture of these big doors. They were from France, and the center of them is not glass, it is metal detail. They were chippy and turquoise. They were absolutely stunning in person, and larger than life!
 I took a picture of these linen pillows because they were too expensive, but I thought I might want to try to make one like the long, cream ruffled one in the picture. There were SO many beautiful things, new and old!

 I didn't take a ton of pictures at the market because my hands were busy shopping and dragging my loot!
After we were done shopping, we decided to go drive by the Father of the Bride house, because google put it at less than a mile from our hotel. It's like a dream, isn't it? I love the homes in Pasadena, I could drive around and look at them all day. 

 The road even looks just like it does in the movie when he drives up the street. It's lined with billowy trees, and completely beautiful.
After lunch, we went across the street to try some French Macaroons. I've always wanted to try some, but have never seen them for sale. 


Ok, here is the loot I came home with...

 The find of the day was this vintage typewriter for a whopping $35. It was my most expensive purchase, but definitely my favorite. The other ones we had passed were priced at or around $90! I just love it! It actually still has the keys on it too, so it's perfectly acceptable for display. :)
 I found the huge version of my Pyrex pattern in reverse colors. I've been wanting to start getting the reverse colors for awhile, as well as find some red. I didn't find any red that I like, but I love this great big bowl. It's bigger than it looks in the picture.
 One of my favorite booths was a man who had metal letters in every color of the rainbow in piles all over the ground. They were GREAT! I needed an "E" for Emma's frame we have been working on for her new room. This was perfect! I'm so glad I got it, now I just have to attach it. He had all different sizes, and I loved the enormous ones, but I didn't have any reason to buy one. Don't you hate when that happens!
I was on the lookout for something red to be thrown into the mix of the stuff on the top of my kitchen cabinets. I'm afraid my house is becoming too turquoise so I'm trying to change that. ;) I love this old tin.

 My friend was looking for some tiny mini tart tins with flat bottoms for a craft project, so we kept checking out all the vendors we saw. These ones should do nicely for a project I have in mind, we'll see!
 I LOVED the vintage linens tents! This particular tent had everything divided into sections: tablecloths, runners, napkins, doilies, hankies, pillowcases, etc. It was huge. I dug though a big box of napkins and put together a stash of 12 vintage napkins for $1 each. I can't wait to use them!
I found a bottle seller (finally!) and I bought 2 lavender and 1 aqua glass bottles to add to my collection. They were from the $3 table. ;)

 We also found a tent that had all kinds of metal keys. I bought two of these huge skeleton keys.
My favorite vendor (I should have taken a picture of their booth!) was one called Junk Gypsyz. They had really cool signs that were outlined in metal and had the big bulbs in them. If you want to see what I mean, you can look them up on Facebook. I ALMOST bought a turquoise arrow sign but didn't want to part with that much money. I did buy this metal piece from them for a few bucks, that I'll use to add detail to a project. I also bought some necklace charms. 

Well, that's it! We all had a fabulous time! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment