Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kid's Crafting Party

Last week I hosted a small craft party for my daughters and their friends. I wanted to do something fun for them this summer, because the three of us work our butts off during the school year. I originally was going to have a sewing themed party, but then got REALLY busy once I decided to open an Etsy shop!  I decided to  broaden it into a craft party. 
 I really love the button candy suckers I made from a mold I ordered online. I also made cutout cookies with a button shaped cookie cutter. I am NOT a talented sewer, BUT I successfully made these zipper pouches. Beverly's had some of my favorite Amy Butler fabric on clearance, so I used that. I did half and half with the alternating the main and lining fabrics. Beverly's also sells mini clear tubes, so I filled those with gumballs. They also got a button sucker tucked into their pouch.
 I bought the value packs of canvas from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale, and each girl painted her own monogram and background scene. Then they glued on various flowers. We made ice cream sundaes and they each got two mini cups of toppings to add to their ice cream.

The mini easels and canvas are SO tiny! They were all on sale at JoAnns. I survived and the kids all had fun! ;)

Just in case you're wondering, the Etsy shop is now open! You can see a few of the offerings on the blog sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment