Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Mantle

I haven't had a lot of time for blogging lately. With homeschooling back in session, a house to take care of, and an Etsy store to run, there isn't a whole lot of time for "extras". I've been realizing lately that I miss blogging though, so I'm going to make an effort to blog more often. I recently updated my rustic shelf to fit our new fall season. Hopefully the weather will take the hint and catch up too! I don't have a fireplace, so this is as close as I can get to decorating a mantle. 
 I love my Book Page Wreath, so that stayed right where it was! If you'd like directions on that, click on the link. I pulled out my fall stash from last year, and found that much of it I didn't like anymore. I was able to salvage a few items and put this together though! The only thing I bought new was the owl candle (Target).
 I saved my mini straw bale (Wal-Mart) from last year and it held up pretty well!
 The branches bring great height to both sides of the shelf, and look beautiful in simple, clear canning jars. The ceramic pumpkins are also from a couple years ago (Dollar Tree).

I think it turned out great, and totally non-cheesy (unlike last year! lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment