Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Take 5 Cookies

I've had the idea for these cookies in my head for awhile now. I googled "Take 5 Cookies" (My favorite candy bar, by the way!) and a few things came up. While they looked good, I wanted peanut butter to kind of take a backseat in this cookie car. A lot of the recipes used peanut butter in the cookie batter base, and I didn't want that. 
 I had a hard time finding caramel bits, but finally scored at Target! Oddly enough, they didn't sell them at my grocery store.



Recipe:
Mix 2 sticks of butter (softened) in a mixer, add 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 3/4 cup white sugar. Mix well. Add 1 tsp. vanilla.
Add two eggs, mix.
In a bowl, mix:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
Stir together, and gradually add to the butter mixture.
Now the fun part! Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I opted for Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips because they're extra large), 1/4 cup caramel bits, 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, and a handful of pretzels. Add the pretzels last, and just pulse the mixer so that you don't mash up the pretzels too small. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven.

Now you have a cookie version of your (MY!) favorite cookie! I left out peanuts because I wanted my kids to eat them, but you could easily add a little bit of chopped peanuts to the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment