Friday, March 8, 2013

Universe Juice

If you read my last post, you know WHY I finally decided to eat gluten free.  My goal is not to lose weight (although that it is happening), but my goal is health. I wanted to cool the fire of inflammation in my body. One of my favorite habits I've begun is starting our day with what my hubby calls Universe Juice. My husband calls me his Pepper Potts, he's my Tony Stark, and we start each day with universe juice. ;) Yes, we're Ironman fans. 
There are a million different ways to make a smoothie, but right now we've been making this same one. I cut up a few bananas, put them in a ziploc, and freeze them overnight. I do that every few days. In the morning I simply break a handful off (I actually take the bag out of the freezer, drink my coffee, THEN break off a handful because it's easier after they spend a few minutes out of the freezer), pour in a cup (I don't measure) of Vanilla Almond Milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and then fill it with baby spinach to the top. You can add ice, or not. Tony Stark likes his with ice, I guzzle mine up as is because the frozen bananas make it cold.
 If you google "green smoothie" or look it up on Pinterest, you'll find a million different combinations. In my opinion it tastes like a banana-peanut butter smoothie.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the simple yet delightful Banana-PB smoothie recipe, Jaime. In one photo, you are in front of a wall of root veggies. If you've used any root vegetables in a smoothie you've even relatively enjoyed, please look me up on facebook and let me know. (besides carrots, they're easy!)
    I'd love to chat nutrition with you. I adopted a vegan diet July 2011 and by February 2012 was down 75 Lbs... consistently dropping 2-3 Lbs of body weight per week, just as good doctors recommend for healthy, sustained weight loss. I love to learn new vegan recipies!

    ~Rick Walter Collings

    ReplyDelete