Saturday, June 27, 2015

Savor

I've been thinking a lot lately about my dreams. Surely we all have them. I don't know why I haven't made it happen yet. Mostly because it requires thousands of dollars and a ridiculously long ride in a heavy object that in my opinion doesn't logically belong in the sky. Then there's the looking out the window and seeing nothing but ocean part. Yeah, that. 

Regardless of all of these things, I should be there. I should have been there already. 

I want to wake up and walk to the corner and order the most flaky pain au chocolat ever. 
I want to sit by the Mediterranean with a cold, fruity drink in my hand.
I want to have a picnic on the grass in Paris.
I want to eat pizza in Italy.
I want to use my four years of French class, five if you include the year I spent teaching my kids.

It hasn't happened yet, but it will. I don't know when or how, but it will.

Until then, I'll keep doing what I can to bring these moments to life right where I am. 
I will savor flavors. 
Linger a little longer.
Notice beauty all around me. 
Create an atmosphere of relaxation in my home that can almost mimic the feeling of being on vacation.
A place where the world can't reach you.
Moments where the world only exists in that one bite.
From the Farmers' Market this morning. Worth being savored.
 On a side note, we added three chickens to our flock this week. They are Easter Eggers and will lay colored eggs. They haven't laid any for me yet, still getting accustomed to their surroundings. You know that saying, "A watched pot never boils"? Yeah, well a watched hen never lays apparently. Anxiously awaiting the day when I open the coop door and find colored eggs mixed with our brown and cream ones.
Welcome, Gladys, Dorothy, and Margaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment