Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Berlap candy corn

Yesterday I saw candy corn bunting on my favorite blog, Tatertots and Jello and LOVED it! I knew I had to do it myself! This morning, after looking at it again, I looked through my fabric scraps but didn't have the solid colors I needed. Idea! I had tan, orange, and cream berlap...indian corn! It was super easy!
Step 1: Draw and cut out a template from cardstock.
Step 2: Cut strips of your berlap (lay them as shown so you know you are cutting strips large enough to make your template)
Step 3: sew the strips together
Step 4: Cut out with the template
Step 5: Pin on ribbon and sew
Hang up and enjoy!

I may add another layer and put them closer together, but I love that I was able to do it with stuff I already have!

1 comment:

  1. That is so fun! I love that you used burlap - one of my favorite fabrics. Very festive and fallish!!!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete