Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Asian Noodle Salad with Polynesian Flank Steak

I haven't shared a recipe in forever awhile! I guess I've been stuck in a dinner rut, and didn't have the time, energy or motivation to get out! I forced myself to plan meals this week BEFORE heading to the grocery store. We are back to homeschooling now, and I hate when it's late afternoon and I realize there is nothing to cook, after an exhausting day of teaching. I rely on my Foodie board on Pinterest to help me out with new ideas. 
A couple of weeks ago I pinned the Asian Noodle Salad from The Pioneer Woman, because it just looked so good! Well guess what? It IS good! Really good! The only problem is, my husband has to have meat for it to be considered a meal...ok, maybe I do too. SO I went ahead and added a version of my Polynesian Flank Steak!  P-Dub mentions in her post that Marlboro Man won't go anywhere near this salad, but I can't help but wonder if he'd eat it with steak on it. Maybe? Either way, she hits a homerun with this recipe!

Now, since I was making my list in a hurry, I accidentally left out the cucumbers and cashews, but since I was adding meat, it was fine. I also can't handle spicy...my tummy just won't allow it, so instead of the hot peppers in the dressing, I added a bit of red chili flakes. It was a good trade. To save time on peeling and chopping the ginger for the dressing, I substituted the ginger paste that you buy in a tube near the salad mixes.

When marinating the flank steak, I didn't use the crushed pineapple like in the recipe link above, and instead added a bit of teriyaki sauce to the marinade. Everything else I kept the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment