Saturday, June 15, 2013

Vanity Re-Do with DIY Chalk Paint

Since summer began, I've been working on a bunch of BIG chores that I never have time to do. I've also started paying attention to my bedroom, really the only room I haven't decorated in the house. I want to make it a place we WANT to be. I want it to be relaxing, and beautiful. I bought this small old desk a couple of years ago so that I would have a place to sit down and put on my make-up and dry my hair. I didn't paint it, and it really just looked horrible. I can't believe I let this go so long.
 Here is what it looked like yesterday...
 Last night I picked up some gray satin paint. This morning I simply mixed a tablespoon of non-sanded white grout and about 16 oz of paint. I brushed on two coats of paint and it's like a brand new piece!
 I put on a light coat of wax to finish it off. Did I mention this piece is LAMINATE?! Yep! I used this recipe for chalk paint and I didn't even have to sand it.
I can't believe how easy it is to use this method to paint furniture. I am notorious for loathing furniture painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment