Saturday, June 15, 2013

Spindle Jewelry Holder

If you've read my blog for awhile, you might remember when I made a photo holder from two short spindles and some chicken wire. You can see it here. I was never crazy about the green color on this, and how dirty the spindles looked. I've been in the process of perking up our bedroom. I'm loving the time off from home school! I actually have time to do the things I want and need to do. 
I simply painted it with some leftover white satin paint, mixed with a bit of non-sanded white grout. It makes a DIY chalk paint and I love how easy it is to work with and how well it covers! 

I brushed a bit of it on the dirty looking spindles to give them a white wash. All I had to do was hang little "S" hooks on the chicken wire and I now have a spot for all of my necklaces!


No comments:

Post a Comment