Monday, September 12, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Crabcakes!}

This week I ordered the special appetizer, since I'd never had them before...Crabcakes! I LOVE crab, but for some reason I haven't had crabcakes since our wedding, 8 years ago! I've never had crabcakes like these before! They have SO much meat in them...seriously! They are served with a scoop of mashed potatoes and their famous Orange Ginger sauce. Mmm, mmm....swirl a bite around in the sauce. Take it for a little swim. ;) Crab lovers will definitely not be disappointed by these crabcakes.

The special dessert was Chocolate Ganache (it's under there, I promise) with Marinated Strawberries and Blueberries, topped with Cheesecake Ice Cream. Oh. My. Goodness. The berries were honestly the most flavorful I've had all season. I don't know what they do to them, but they are bursting with their natural flavor. It's like whatever they did to them didn't take away from their flavor, but just enhanced it! Cheesecake ice cream...homemade. Need I say more?? The combination of the three do a perfect dance in your mouth. :)

We were lucky enough to have a few people want to join us at the last minute, so we also had the Chocolate Trauma. This is my OBJ favorite from the regular menu. I'm a chocoholic, what can I say? Chocolate ganache tart, homemade chocolate ice cream, covered in hot chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and caramel. You can pause to wipe the drool off your keyboard, I'll wait.

I was telling the owner last night (yes we ate there twice in one weekend!) that I practically have dreams of their chocolate ice cream. (As I was sneaking some from my kids' scoops...shhhh, don't tell) I tried to make chocolate ice cream in my ice cream maker. It wasn't good. I'm ruined now...none will be as good as theirs.

Check out OBJ online. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment