Sunday, April 22, 2012

Turning 30!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday party! I can't believe it! I have a feeling this will be my favorite decade! ;) I'm so thankful that so many of my friends and family could make it!

We had White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars, Cinnamon Crunch Popcorn, and Homemade Yellow Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. 

I finally got to use my cart at a party! Favors were on top, and gifts went on the bottom! The "30" was actually "BO" because they don't sell giant cardboard numbers. I cut off part of the B to make it a 3. I then glued moss to the front of them. 

I saw a game on pinterest where kids toss hula hoops over balloons...well, all of our balloons flew away one by one! 

Wonderful friends.

My mother in law.

My brother in law.

Emma and Cami by the kids "table".

More family and friends...




My sister and mother in law worked so hard so that I didn't have to do anything. Seriously, it was my favorite birthday ever. I had a PERFECT time.

The girls on the tractor, haha.


Family :)

Everyone went home with a jar of homemade strawberry jam.



I designed this with my Silhouette software and printed it out, then backed it with a piece of strawberry scrapbook paper. 

I LOVE my blue ball jar collection. I HAD to use them in some way for the party. 

I was super blessed by a generous dear friend who is an antique dealer and shares my love of vintage plates. She let me look through her cupboards and borrow mismatched vintage plates! My plate collection grows really slowly because I am cheap. ;) It IS growing though! Eventually I'll have enough of my own for a big party.

I tacked fabric behind a french door to display the numbers behind the cart. 

The day before the party I decided I didn't want the jars to sit directly on the tablecloths. I recently read Shanty 2 Chic's Vaseline method of distressing and thought I'd try it! I had these boards leftover from one time when I had to cut a bunch of lumber. I followed the simple directions (I used wood stain first instead of dark paint) and I LOVE how it turned out!!

I think these pink plates were my favorite of all the ones I borrowed. :)
 Thank you to everyone who came, I went to sleep last night thanking God for putting each of you in my life! I am so blessed!
I just remembered to share my invitations with you! I ordered these from etsy and LOVED them! I got the file emailed to me within a day of ordering, and then printed from Costco, super easy and cheap! The shop was SimpleSimonDesign and I loved her work and quick service! 

No comments:

Post a Comment