Friday, November 19, 2010

$$

So it is really irritating that I can't move my signature to the bottom of the post, because I am not using a picture on this post. You'll just have to ignore it. =)

This morning I was able to run errands kid-less thanks to Friday morning electives at our Charter School! I can't believe how much faster I can do things without dragging along two kids! Anyway, I have been browsing blogs looking for VERY inexpensive homemade gift ideas. This morning I went to get some of the materials and also browse a few other things. As I was headed back to the school to pick up the kids, I started thinking about how my spending habits have changed. The older I get, the more I realize I can do without and prefer to have not spent the money. I've been thinking a lot lately about how hard my husband works. He installs air conditioners and heaters and works with sheet metal. He crawls in attics, under houses, and climbs roofs all day long. I am excited to think before making a purchase "will I be honoring my husband's hard labor if I buy this?" and really re-thinking the value of money and material things. I have always LOVED to give, and I still do. It is really great to come to the realization that with advance planning I can still give great gifts, and honor the work of my husband's hands at the same time! Oddly enough, RIGHT after I had these thoughts, the Family Life program came on the radio and the topic was money in marriage. One thing that was said that stuck with me so much that I wrote it down was a Dave Ramsey quote: "If you're willing to live now like no one else, you can live later like no one else."

I WISH I could show you the gifts I'm making because they are SO cute, but my friends read my blog, so I can't. Feel free to email me if you are looking to make really inexpensive, but really CUTE girlfriend gifts this Christmas and I will send a picture. =) Here's to a wise Christmas that doesn't lead to buyers remorse!

No comments:

Post a Comment