Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas Countdown Blocks

I missed the craft group meeting on Friday, but picked up my supply kit from Trish, and made mine at home. Click here if you'd like to read the post with the craft group making these! Trish got all of our supplies prepped so the actual "making it" was pretty easy. There are more details about how she made the blocks on the link above.
I put them on the stand just to take the picture...now I've got to put them away until after Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but it is a pet peeve of mine to have Christmas stuff out while it is not even Thanksgiving yet. To each his own, maybe some people combine the holidays, as in, "during the holidays". For me, I just feel like Christmas is already SUCH a big deal, why is it necessary to skip the one time that was set aside to remember thankfulness. I kind of feel like materialism has crept in quite enough on the holidays, so by not decorating early, is one little way I can kind of stave off my children from the mindset of the "gimmies". For the entire month of November, we are filling out our daily cards on our thankful board. I am however, glad that it's all done and ready to be put out right after Thanksgiving! I like it so much that I think I am going to make a "countdown to turkey" set of blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment