Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Easter Gable Boxes

I am planning on making these gable boxes to be at the table for Easter dinner. I am going to make them for each child that will be there. I bought my boxes at Box and Wrap, they are the cheapest I've found- especially if you buy in a group of 25 like I did. These are the largest size they carry {9x6x6}. I cut out the names on my Sihouette using the LD Dainty font. I bought the bunny at the Silhouette online store for $0.99. It actually came with other bunny shapes as well, but I really liked this one. The flower shapes came with the software. I cut the grass and stems out of green vinyl by hand with an exacto knife.
Each box will be slightly different, some will have Easter eggs on them, some butterflies. I plan on using different colors to cut the names out.
I am going to put some paper shred in the bottom and fill with a few treats. The bubble wands and bunny candy jar were both from the Dollar Tree. I'm going to fill the jar with candy, and probably make some chocolate covered peep bunnies to add as well.
Here is a close up of the ribbons I used on this one.


Sorry for the blurriness- it was hard to get the pink vinyl to show up on camera without using the flash that would wash it out completely.
They also sell them in white I believe! The shipping took longer than I expected, probably about 2 weeks, but if you order in advance, this is the cheapest I've found! All of my vinyl came from Expressions Vinyl.
Linking up to week 2 of Spring Fling at This Blessed Nest.

3 comments:

  1. what a fun idea. such pretty ribbon!

    thank you so much for linking up to the SPRING FLING. sorry i'm so late in commenting...it's been one of those weeks. ;)

    have a super weekend. ~ enjoy!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see your fantastic and beautiful gable boxes.really attractive post.
    Brochure printing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a amazing box, thank you for sharing this post.
    Gable Boxes

    ReplyDelete