Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Taste of Orange Blossom {Flat Iron Steak Skewers!}

Wow! Last night was quite the feast at Orange Blossom! I think our eyes were bigger than out stomachs! We left in a food coma, but QUITE satisfied! We look forward to our weekly night at OBJ so much! I am SO honored to blog about their food, so thanks again Doug and Luci!Here's a sneak peek... now take a little food walk with me...
The special I chose tonight was the Flat Iron Steak Skewers with Tomato Garlic Butter. It came with Coconut Basmati Rice, Candied Carrots and Winter Greens. I chose the soup, which was Cream of Asparagus, Mushrooms and Chicken with Croutons and Cheese. The soup was So perfect! It was so creamy and packed with chicken, mushrooms and asparagus. As I take you through these pictures, keep in mind that we already ate Almond Prawns with Tequila Lime Butter as an appetizer. I've been CRAVING them for weeks, and had to have a fix! These are the best prawns around people!

This is another extra that I decided to add on, just because I was craving a taste of my Orange Caesar Dressing! Seriously, if my pants had buttons, they would have been UN-buttoned by the time we walked out.

Here is the big ta-da! Flat Iron Steak Skewers with Tomato Garlic Butter.
It was topped with onion stings. {My favorite!!}
If you've never had flat iron steak, it is SUPER tender! If I'm not mistaken, it is second only to filet mignon. It was cooked to my liking {medium}, with red bell peppers and onions grilled on the skewers as well. The sauce TOTALLY made this dish! I love it when a sauce doesn't compete with the flavor of the dish, but just completely enhances it! It was SO perfect!
This week, we brought our kids with us. I love that it can be both- a great date night with live music and dimmed lights, and kid-friendly all at the same time! Our kids choose the chicken fingers {big surprise!}. It comes with fries and veggies, but I knew my picky kids wouldn't eat veggies so that's why you don't see them. I am so jealous of the kids that eat everything!

Emma chose the fries, but Cami is a girl after my own heart and chose the hot, fresh potato chips! They have season salt on them, and are fresh when they come out. They are an addiction of mine! Cami's our salt girl, so she gobbles them up!
Are you ready for this?? This is the Lemon Bomb!! It is a scoop of their signature Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream on top of a Meyer Lemon Bar, covered with fresh raspberry sauce and white chocolate! Umm...hello!!
If you're a lemonhead like me, you would LOVE this dessert! It is fantastic!

The kids meals come with a scoop of sorbet or ice cream {did I mention they are all homemade!?} in a CAR!
How cool is this?! Our kids chose chocolate, and they kept their cars and brought them home for their stuffed animal toys to "drive".
So after eating ALL of this {ok maybe I couldn't eat it ALL, but I certainly tried} Doug stopped by our table for a chat and after finding out we've never tried their Smoked Prime Rib, brought us some. I couldn't believe how fabulous it was! You've never tasted meat like this! Trust me! It is one of their specials EVERY SATURDAY night! If you're married to a beef man, take him here on Saturdays and you will knock his socks off! Seriously, it's THAT good! Next time we go on a Saturday I will order it and take pics for the blog. Thanks again guys!
As always, join their email list to have the weekly specials and music schedule sent to your inbox. You can also view their entire regular menu online by clicking on the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment