Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken and Raw Veggie Wrap

I've always loved alfalfa sprouts but I've been on a big spouts kick lately. When we go to Dog House Grill in Fresno (which is the same food as Firestone Grill in SLO and Main Street Grill in Cambria in case you didn't know) I ALWAYS get the grilled chicken sandwich. It comes on a wheat roll and I get it with cheese, lettuce, ranch, and sprouts. I LOVE a big pile of sprouts... Maybe my body is low on the nutrients they provide, maybe I'm part rabbit. Whatever.

Back to lunch! I butterflied a chicken breast, seasoned it with a Phil's gooba dust (pappys or any seasoning will work), garlic, salt, and pepper. Grill that bad boy up and get busy chopping veggies. I used thin strips of red bell pepper, julienned carrots, baby spinach, and a big ol' pile of alfalfa sprouts. As I'm writing this I remembered that I forgot that I wanted to add shredded cheese. So do that if you want to! Next time, I will.

Earlier in the day I mixed up a bit of real mayo with garlic (I keep a jar of the minced garlic from costco in the fridge so I used that), lemon juice, and fresh herbs. You want to use enough lemon juice to thin the mayo from being so thick, plain mayo grosses out. I know, I'm probably the only one. Use whatever herb floats your boat, I used tarragon, but you could use dill, etc. I put it in the fridge for an hour or so, to get all mixed in flavor.

Just heat up the tortilla on the grill or stove for a few seconds, spread on some of your mayo spread (or use ranch), top with all your veggies, and stir them up with the spread, then top with your thinly sliced grilled chicken, and CHEESE. SUPER.DUPER.YUMMY. I may or may not have eaten two. ;)

I had the regular size flour tortillas and the chicken was enough to make two wraps. One chicken breast would work perfectly for one big wrap if you have burrito size tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment