Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shabby Chic Birthday

Today I got to host a little family birthday dinner for my wonderful sister in law. I used one of my french doors as a backdrop for my cart. It turned out great! It's amazing what you can pull from other areas of the house to put together a fun display. The only thing I bought was one bunch of snapdragons.I love the pink flowers in the aqua ball jars. The cake bunting was easy to make out of scrapbook paper scraps and baker's twine.
The cake turned out FABULOUS! I used Bakerella's Yellow Cake recipe. Seriously, it tastes like the old fashioned, dense cake that you can pick up a slice in your hands and it wouldn't fall apart. It's a triple layer cake with homemade buttercream. I refrigerated the cake for a few hours after I frosted it, and I'm glad I did, it made the frosting thick and chewy.
My little growing collection of vintage dishes (in the crate) finally got put to use.



Happy birthday Joy! I couldn't ask for a more wonderful sister in law! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment