Thursday, March 15, 2012

Taste of Orange Blossom {Double the Specials!}

Last week we had a fabulous date night at Orange Blossom. I caught a really bad bug (respiratory, not food related!) the next day and completely forgot to blog! Oops! It's been a crazy week of trying to get by, but I finally feel on the upswing and remembered!

The special salad was a Bay Shrimp salad with Habanero Peach Sorbet. I can't tell you how much I'm going to MISS eating the freshest salads around! There is so much going on here, the flavor combination is AWESOME!
I had one of my "OBJ bucket list" items!! The Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter leaves nothing left to the imagination. Honestly, you've never had pork until you've had this! I'm gonna miss me some spicy apple butter!!
By the way...I get WAY too excited when I see a Parmesan crisp!!
Brandon had the other special, Sesame Crusted White Roughy and Crab Cake with Orange Ginger Butter. Wow! He went on and on about this fish! Seriously, he kept bringing it up in the conversation all night. Ha ha.
We tried both special desserts... Chocolate Ganache Tart with Strawberry Basil Ice Cream, was my choice! I'd forgotten about this one, it's been awhile since it was on special when we were there. I LOVE this ice cream!!
The special Brandon chose was the Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream. This is his absolute favorite dessert here! I must admit, I was eating off of BOTH plates!
If you haven't gotten your booty over to OBJ, you'd better hop to it! You only have through April 1st! It was kind of comical because the line was crazy last Friday after the announcement for closure went out. So, word is out, you might want to call ahead and they'll gladly reserve you a table, just in case! Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment