Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Baby Shower

I'd like to share with you a really cute baby shower...a children's book-themed baby shower! The party date was the same as my ladybug party so I was unable to do it. All I did was a consultation with the hosts of the shower and they did every last bit of the work! I just thought it was so cute that I'd like to share it, there are some really great ideas! The mother-to-be is a teacher, so she chose the book theme. The shower was held at a hotel in town.How cute is this "Desserts" sign made to look like books?How cute are these cupcakes with book picks? Some of these ideas we came up with from Pinterest, and this is one of them! I didn't know how to do it, but the hostess did! She used the tiny thumbnail pics from Amazon.



Adorable!!

How cute are the little chalkboards and easels?! I LOVE the detail it adds!


Now I'll show the table details. Each table had a theme of one of the mom-to-be's favorite books. I set the hostess up with my friend Nandie, cookie QUEEN! I thought it would be super cute if the favor was a fancy cookie to match their table's book. Take a look at the these cookie masterpieces!

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?

The bookmark idea also came from Pinterest. It says "Children are made readers on the laps of their parents".

Curious George.

Miss Nelson is Missing.




Where the Wild Things Are.



Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.



Goodnight Moon.



The Polar Express.



If you give a mouse a cookie.



Love You Forever.



The Poky Little Puppy.



She also did the same "book banner" for the gift table. Pretty great ideas, huh? Each cookie turned out perfect and I'm sure that the ladies all raved over them...as they always do. Something else that was in the consultation was a blank "library card" {the old fashioned kind} that would be passed out for guests to give the mom-to-be advice. This is the blog I got the template from. Everything turned out great, the hostess worked super hard to make this a great day for her sister! Thanks for letting me share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment