Saturday, August 6, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Surf and Turf!}

Last night was a REAL treat! Have we mentioned how much we love our time at Orange Blossom? It's our home away from home. I put together this quad pic so that you can get a first glance of the meal and then I'll tell you all about it!The special salad was an Asparagus Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, Topped with Beet Sorbet. I LOVE having the asparagus on the salad! It adds a whole other dimension of flavor. This was my first time with the Raspberry Vinaigrette and it was GREAT! I knew I would love it, because of my one encounter with their Blackberry Vinaigrette Dressing, which I raved about. It's always a battle of the forks between us with a salad like this! Ha ha.

Here's a wide shot of what my special included...

How about a New York Steak Skewer and Lobster Tail?? Ohhhh yeah! It comes with mashed potatoes with a Parmesan crisp {my favorite!!}, candied carrots, sauteed kale, and garlic bread! Oodles and oodles of food!

Let's start with the steak skewer. They did something I've never seen and I think it turned out awesome! Instead of cutting the New York into big chunks and putting them on the skewer, they cut it into strips and accordion skewered it onto the stick. What did that achieve, you ask? A skewer that is actually cooked the way you want it! Those big separate chunks of meat on a skewer seem to get dry and overcooked to me. THIS, as you unfolded it, was still pink and medium {the way I ordered it}! The result is a tender {tender-er even though that's not a word} piece of meat! It's served with a Brandy Peppercorn Sauce {it's in the picture in a cup because I asked for it on the side to dunk my meat in}. The sauce adds a whole layer of flavor to the meat!

Check out that juicy, sweet lobster tail! My husband says he ruined me by introducing me to lobster years ago. Or, rather that he ruined his wallet by introducing me to lobster. Ha ha. Let me tell you though, for EVERYTHING you see on this post, salad and dessert included, the cost is less than forty bucks! I know places that charge $75 for surf and turf...NO JOKE! AND theirs don't include salad of dessert, and we won't even talk about those other peoples' portion sizes! That IS a joke!

For dessert I was CRAVING their chocolate ice cream. Simple but I think about it all week! I recently bought a big ice cream maker at a thrift store. I've tried to make chocolate ice cream but so far it has been NOTHING like theirs. I dream about the texture of their homemade ice cream! You can almost see the texture of the ice cream in this picture. SO delicious, and probably all I could have fit after eating that huge meal!

Ready for YOUR date night yet? Head on out to Exeter for good food and a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment