Sunday, July 31, 2011

Taste of OBJ {Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon}

This week one of the specials was Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon! I had this awhile ago and it was literally the BEST steak I've ever had! What's for dinner? Beef! I'll get to that in a minute...

I chose one of the soups, Cream of Broccoli. I loved it! There is something so comforting about a warm, creamy bowl of soup! It was delicious! I could taste the herbs, even though I couldn't figure out which ones they were. ;)

I was SO excited to eat this again! It is served on top of sweet potato polenta, and topped with a tomato bearnaise sauce! This sauce is killer! It compliments the beef perfectly!

Just look at how beautiful that is! Seriously, when we try to figure out somewhere to eat during the week and we're in a hurry, we have the hardest time deciding! Every place in town seems to have the same old, same old food. Not OBJ!

I like my beef medium and this was PERFECT for me! SOOO juicy and tender...plus wrapped with their SMOKED bacon in every bite! Oh boy!

For dessert I had the chocolate trauma...my favorite! This turned out to be a beautiful picture if I do say so myself! ;) I recently bought a big ice cream maker at a thrift store and I made a chocolate ice cream recipe I found online...FAIL! It was "okay" but it only made me LONG for this! I was hoping it would even be somewhere in the vicinity of tasting like George's that I crave almost daily....nope! Check out the full menu, specials menu, concert dates, hours and directions HERE! You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment