Saturday, July 23, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Mixed Grill}

I'm excited to bring you one of this week's specials at OBJ! First can I just say that the music last night was just perfect? Last night was piano and guitar and they were workin' their magic last night. The music reminded me of what they play when you're getting a massage...totally relaxing. Okay, onto the special! It was a Mixed Grill: Chicken and Ribs with BBQ Glaze! The special salad was the Asparagus Salad with Sherry Walnut Dressing. Can you say fabulous? I'm loving asparagus in salads right now! Everything in their salads is always at the peak of freshness, and you can taste it!

Here's the Mixed Grill. It's a grilled chicken breast and ribs with their own BBQ glaze! To say I loved the glaze was an understatement. I've never been big on bbq sauces {I'm weird, I know}, but I think it was the lightness of this glaze that made me love it over sauce! The ribs were so tender that the meat would literally fall off the bone when you bit it! You can almost see the moistness of the chicken!

It was served on a pile of mashed potatoes, and topped with thin, fried onion strings. You have NO idea how much I love onion strings. Love! It also came with candied carrots, sauteed kale, and a huge piece of garlic bread.

Ready for dessert? How about a Blueberry Tart with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream?! Our server told us it was topped with cheesecake sauce! I don't know what that is, but I know it was GOOD!! :)

Everything was delicious! Wanna see something cool? I used an app on my iphone to create this quad pic of last night's special. It's called diptic in case you're wondering. ;)


What are you waiting for, are you ready to visit OBJ? Check out their hours, directions, menu and MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment