Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Spicy Beef Stuffed Potato Skins}

I had already blogged about both of last night's specials so I decided to blog about the special appetizer and dessert! The special appetizer last night was Spicy Beef Stuffed Potato Skins with Cantaloupe Pico De Gallo! Underneath all that cheese is tender, shredded beef, black beans and corn. I'm sure there's more but that's what I could identify! ;) It's seasoned to be medium-spicy on the heat scale. Talk about adding flavor to an old favorite! I've never thought of adding other ingredients to change up potato skins! They were delicious! They were SUPER filling too! This could totally have been a person's meal.

Mmmm,mmm.

The special dessert was a Warm Plum Tart with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream! My husband is not a dessert guy and he devoured it! {Seriously, I don't understand people who aren't into sweets! Crazy!}

Once I scooped into the tart it had a beautiful dark purple color on the inside. The tartness of the fruit mixed with the vanilla ice cream was perfect!

I'm tempted to go back again tonight...George said that tonight (Saturday) they are having bacon wrapped, crab stuffed prawns! He said they are one of the best things he's ever made! We love crab, we love shrimp, and we love bacon so I'm SURE they're fantastic!!

Check out their hours and directions here!

No comments:

Post a Comment