Monday, July 4, 2011

Aqua Chair

I bought a couple of chairs at an estate sale on Saturday. The one in the background of my messy garage pic was $5, and the one I'm painting aqua was $10. I have plans that I hope to have completed within the next two weeks. I'd like take out the big fancy table and chairs that I've never really liked. It's pretty but there is detailed carving along the edges and with kids all the syrup drips and crumbs get stuck in there and it's REALLY hard to clean. It's also too fancy for the decor I'm going for. SO, I have plans to build my own farmhouse table using Ana White's plans and paint mis-matched chairs. I have four so far and I'm aiming for six. I'm sure they'll be easy to find at Rescued Treasures. I used my free quart of Glidden paint that I got when they had their giveaway online. I ordered it in "deepest aqua". I gave it two thick coats of paint and then sanded it to distress it.








I am still undecided as to if I'll do all different colored chairs or stick with one color and white. I've seen some cute ones with different colors. Check out all of these pictures from Pinterest and see what you think....

(Photo: hgtv.com)(Photo: justinetaylor.tmblr.com)(Photo: Absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com)(Photo: Remodelista.com)This last pic is the farmhouse table I want to build. I don't want the bench though, just all chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment