Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Name Plaques

Do you see what I see? I ran into Big Lots yesterday after a trip to Rescued Treasures, since it was right next door. I'm on my never-ending quest for a cheap but perfect sized mirror. I want to make another acid mirror for the girls room. ANYWAY! I got to the front and they had a clearance bin with a few of these pretty shaped plaques marked down to a quarter! Now, do you see some scuffed up junk that no one is going to buy? OR...do you see a pretty shaped plaque that already has inset hanging hardware on the back ready to be spray painted and transformed? You already know, I see the latter.I snatched up my little boards, and paid my quarters! :) I took them outside and gave them two coats of Sweet Pea pink.

I never really liked the way I put the girls' names above their beds when I re-did their rooms. It just didn't look right to me. When I saw these at the store I knew exactly what I was going to use them for! I cut out their names with my Silhouette and I'm DONE! So easy!



That room has the worst lighting of the whole house, so sorry the pictures are grainy, but you get the idea. I like these SO much better! I think they make it look more "finished" and fancy. Total cost=$0.50!!

No comments:

Post a Comment