Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ice Cream Sundae Party!

Hello! This will be the last party that I blog about until after the wedding I'm doing in September. I am relieved to have everything cleared off my calendar so that I can fully focus on wedding decorating. I set up this party today and it turned out super cute! The mom requested an ice cream sundae party! I ordered these invitations on Etsy, from LillyMaeDesigns.She took less than 24 hours to email me back my finished file! Aren't they SO cute?? (This is the picture on the etsy listing so that I'm not showing my client's phone and address.) ;)

I should have asked what length her table was going to be, but I didn't.....so the ends of the table are showing and driving THIS perfectionist crazy! The client said it was fine, but I guess I'm just a perfectionist. Thankfully, she is gracious and easy-going. ;)

These cookies were made by none other than Nandie {of course!}.

I found these ceramic ice cream cone dishes on clearance at JoAnns a couple months ago. They are super cute!



All the things you need: sprinkles, nuts, reese cups, hot fudge, cherries, pirouette cookies, whipped cream.

How cute is the ice cream truck set? It is filled with pretty ice cream cups and it's from Shop Sweet Lulu. I wanted to make sure there were enough cups for grown ups too, so the cups on top of it are from JoAnns.




The cute paper plates and napkins are from Party City.

How cute are these honeycomb tissue puff ice cream cone toppers? They are from JoAnns, and all I had to do was open them up.

Want a delicious Chocolate Buttercream Recipe?? Here's mine...


2 sticks of room temperature butter

1 tsp. vanilla

2 T. milk

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup cocoa powder (plus a little extra for good measure)


Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it's beat well. In my experience, if you let the butter get TOO soft, it doesn't do as well. I like to do it while its softened, but still cool. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. add powdered sugar and cocoa a little at a time while the mixer is running. Wait until it's combined to add more.


If you want vanilla buttercream, omit the cocoa powder and increase the powdered sugar to 4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment