Thursday, August 18, 2011

Smart Cookies!

As you know, we are a home school family, BUT we DO have a teacher! A few of them, actually! We belong to Charter Home School Academy, and while today was our first day of school, tomorrow will be the first day I have to go to the school. Grades 2 and up will be taking online assessment tests tomorrow and I'm sure it will be a long day for all of the teachers! I always like to do little teacher treats! I saw this on a blog called eighteen25, and knew I had to do it! Click the link to download the free printable yourself! They used cups from Einstein's Bagels, but I wanted plain cups. I looked online, but you know how that goes with supply stores {minimum orders, high shipping costs}. SO....I checked out Smart & Final and they had the clear plain cups and domes. For about $10 I got a sleeve of 50-16 oz cups, and a sleeve of 100 dome lids. The only dome lids they carry have the hole in the top so I used a scalloped punch and double-sided tape to cover that up.

I printed out the tags and added a hand print paper behind them. I just used papers and ribbon that I had on hand. "With you as my teacher, I'll be one smart cookie"

I made chocolate chip cookies and rolled them into about half the size of normal so that they would fit in the cups.

There are three full time teachers that I know will be there, and of course the secretary needs one too! ;)

Hopefully it will be a good little treat for them! By the way, the caddy is from Wal-Mart, in the canning jar aisle. It fits four quart jars. I plan on using it with jars filled with flowers as a cute centerpiece, or silverware for a bbq! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Jaime! I start working at my grandsons' school on Monday. Copy assistant and playground supervisor. Should be fun. Might have to do these for some of the teachers there.

    ReplyDelete