Saturday, February 11, 2012

Taste of Orange Blossom {TWO specials!}

Last night was QUITE the party in our mouths! You're going to get to see both specials this time, because my husband happened to order the other special. We both started off with the special salad, Asparagus Salad with Raspberry Dressing and a scoop of Habanero Peach Sorbet. I LOVE asparagus on salads!! This salad was SO satisfying. The raspberry dressing was the PERFECT match for this salad! I love when the seasons start to change, and the food follows suit. If you wanna keep your taste buds plain Jane, then by all means, only order ranch for the rest of your life, but you'll be missing out! My body keeps me from eating spicy, but my husband LOVES heat, so he told me the habanero peach sorbet was a flavorful addition, and that the peach (and coldness of it being sorbet) cooled the heat of the habanero. He actually ate a double portion of the sorbet on his salad, and practically licked his plate clean. :)
MY special was the Mahi Mahi with White Chocolate Lemon Butter Sauce! You DO know this is my FAVORITE sauce, right? Right? I know it sounds crazy, but it's the best thing since sliced bread, I'm tellin' you! A HUGE, moist, flaky piece of Mahi Mahi is served on a slice of grilled pineapple, and topped with onion strings! I can't tell you how good this was! I was honestly sitting there eating thinking, "how the heck am I going to be able to tell people how lucky I was to eat this?" Mahi Mahi is one of my favorite fish, hands down. It had ZERO fishy taste, ZERO!
These are the sides that came with each of our specials! Twice baked potato (the CREAMIEST one I've ever had by the way), sauteed greens, ratatouille, and garlic bread! We definitely needed take home boxes last night! EVERYTHING was SO good, we just couldn't stop oohing and ahhing.
Are you ready for this? THIS was Brandon's special...TWO Smoked Pork Chops and THREE Ribs with Spicy Apple Butter! We all know the smoked pork chop with spicy apple butter is one of my all-time favorites here, I always recommend it when people ask. The spicy apple butter is to die for! Brandon said the ribs were just amazingly tender. This could easily have been split by us, so my hubby shared a pork chop with me. ;) I got the best of both worlds, and of course, I shared my Mahi Mahi in return.
Yes, those are REAL apples in the apple butter, see them under the pork chops?
Specials always come with dessert! Brandon chose the OBJ Sink, which can be a Root Beer Float, or Orange Float. Have you ever had a Root Beer Float made with HOMEMADE Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream?? You should!
I went straight for something I haven't had in awhile...Chocolate Trauma! Chocolate Ganache Tart, topped with Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, White Chocolate, and Caramel! Ohhh yes!
We left with full tummies and full hearts! It's just a feel-good place. :) Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment