Sunday, February 5, 2012

Taste of Orange Blossom {Almond Prawns}

Saturday night we headed out to OBJ in hopes of some Smoked Prime Rib. We both ordered it, and then much to our heartbreak, we found out that so did everyone else in the place...right before us! Ha ha! So what do you do when you need to pick something else? Go to your favorite standbys! I started off with a dinner salad with good ol' Orange Caesar Dressing! This is always so wonderful...like a party in your mouth. Between the homemade dressing and the marinated red cabbage, I don't know which I love more.
My hubby ordered the RIBS! A pile (over 2 lbs!) of dry-rubbed spareribs, served with their own BBQ glaze on the side. He went with mashed potatoes, cole slaw, and of course it came with a giant piece of garlic bread!
My favorite standby? ALMOND PRAWNS with Tequila Lime Butter! Heck yes! It's been a LONG time since I've ordered these! This is actually a appetizer, but you can easily order it as a meal like I did. Huge crispy prawns on a pile of mashed potatoes and the most fantastic sauce you've ever had!
I took a close up picture of the thin sliced almonds that are tucked into the breading. Oh.my.goodness. I want more. Like, now.
The special dessert was a Warm Raspberry Tart with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream! This was a great combination of the tartness of the berries, the warmth of the tart, and the cool creaminess of the ice cream. SO good!
As always, check them out on the web, and even better...IN PERSON! You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment