Sunday, May 30, 2010

Churro Cakes

Yes, I know this is jazzed up French Toast, but we made up the name Churro Cakes to get our kids to try it. It worked! It really is better than your regular, run of the mill french toast. What you'll need: "texas toast" or "french toast" bread (it's thick cut and square on all sides- I found mine at WinCo), 3 eggs, a few Tbsp. of milk, cinnamon, nutmeg.
Crack your eggs, and for the love of all things good, please remove the "noogies", or the little white things. =) I hate those little white things on my french toast. mix in your milk and scramble together, add cinnamon and nutmeg (maybe 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, I didn't measure). Mix together again.
Notice the pretty vintage Pyrex. I'm in love.

All mixed up and ready to go!

Cut the bread on a diagonal before coating it. Have a hot pan ready with REAL melted butter... start toasting those babies up! =) Real butter is the key, and don't skimp!
I like to cool mine for about 2 minutes then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Then pick your poison: syrup or cinnamon sugar. For some reason when I was little I didn't like syrup so I was raised on cinnamon sugar. Don't worry, I have since grown out of that, but for some reason I still prefer cinnamon sugar on french toast. I just feel like syrup is meant for pancakes. I don't know, maybe my taste buds are just used to the match up. =)

Very pretty on one of my new handy dandy cake plates, if I do say so myself! =) Enjoy your Churro Cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment