Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade Croutons

Tonight we heading to a friends house for dinner and I was in charge of bringing a salad. To jazz it up, I bought a french baguette to make croutons. They are very simple and very tasty! There are so many ways to change it up with them. It all depends on your taste!To start out, I melted about half a stick of butter in the mirowave, then added EVOO, fresh cracked pepper, garlic granules, and dried oregano. This is where you can get creative and add what you like, switch up the herbs to match what you're cooking, etc.
Simply cut the bread in cubes. You may use day old bread too, it's actually even better! I should have cut my cubes in half again...next time!

Throw them in your big bowl and toss them around to coat them all over.

Depending on your oven, bake at 350-400 degrees until golden brown. Watch carefully so that they don't burn.

Then just try not to eat them all before you put them in the salad! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment