Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dipped Oreos

I learned how to make dipped Oreos from my supercali-craftalistic-expealidocious (don't have a heart attack Dana, I know that's totally spelled wrong. haha) friend, Sheri. She made cookie bouquets out of them for a holiday. I made them this past Valentine's Day in red, pink and white, with tiny heart sprinkles on them. They are super cute, and adaptable to your theme, holiday or colors. The first time I made them, they were kinda difficult. I bought double stuffed oreos to have extra room for the sucker stick. A lot of them broke, I don't know if I just bought a really breakable package or what. This time I am using regular oreos and popsicle sticks, just because that's what I have on hand, and the popsicle sticks are thinner.Here we go... First, twist open your cookie. Gently slide in the stick from the outside to a little bit past the center and lift the filling out.
Replace the stick in the goove where you removed the filling and it should be completely level. Replace the other half of the cookie and hold it in place while you, using a small spaula or knife, spread some melted Wilton candy disks on one side.

Lay it down on a cookie sheet that has been covered with wax paper.

Next, you will need to add more to the top and also coat around the sides of the cookie, while using your other hand to hold the stick in place. Once it is all coated, you add the sprinkle of your choice...

This is what they will look like. Allow to fully dry.

Peel off the wax paper and wrap how you choose. I have the clear bags from Michaels and decided to tie with a ribbon instead of using the twist ties. Give out one by one, or you can arrange a cookie bouquet. Enjoy! =)

1 comment:

  1. yep!! toss out those gold twist ties!!! and bring on the ribbon! :) i always put my stuff in the freezer so the candy melts harder faster. :) just a little tip for ya. the fridge works the same way.

    ReplyDelete