Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SOMETHING from nothing- dish mat tutorial

Somehow, through my blog browsing, I came across a homemade from scraps- dish mat. The person said she uses it for plastic dishes (sippy cups, etc.) that come out of the dishwasher still wet. I on the other hand, am using mine for the big dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher, and- let's just face it here- I procrastinate the pots and pans until there is a huge pile and they don't even fit in the "clean" side of the sink. I always have to pull out a towel and put it on the counter for the extra dishes. SO... I decided to go through my scraps and use an old(er) bathroom hand towel for the bottom. Here is what I got!

The bottom side of the the dish mat-the towel.

Pretty cute, I'd say! I'm gonna make more in different color patterns, just because they are so cute! Here is the tutorial if you like, I just browsed through the tutorial and then winged it on my own. =) http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Dish_Mat_Tutorial.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment