Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You-Pick Berry Farm!

Today we went to Hanford's Rancho Notso Grande Farm and picked our own berries. A ton of moms from my MOPS group and their kiddos went. My parents are in town so my mom was able to join us as well. It was lots of fun, and I'm sure we'll be back. Enjoy the pictures and at the end of them you will see what I made with the fruits of our labor! =)
The mouse and I picking some olaliberries! Yummy coastal berry that won't be around more than one more week in the valley heat, they said!

My mom picked a TON of blueberries.
Mouse and her blueberries!
Emma and some of her blueberries!
My moms battle scars from the BIG blackberry bushes! They were worth it!




Emma was really into picking the right ones!

Me looking over our loot!

Cami showing off an olaliberry..
A MOUNTAIN of berries!
A peek at a mixed bag..

In case you were wondering what we did with our berries...tonight I used some of our monster blackberries to make a cobbler...it was super easy! Snag the instructions from Pioneer Woman over here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/the_great_cobbl/

No comments:

Post a Comment