Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The San Francisco Treat!

This past weekend, we took my mother in law to San Francisco for her 6oth birthday. Here we are in Ghirardelli Square, shortly after arrival on Friday afternoon.

After a stop at Kara's cupcakes!

That night, their cousin took us to a great restaurant called 2223. The food was SOOO good..I had to take pictures. This is Margaret's pot roast...

My chicken...

Bree's pizza...

Birthday dessert with a sparkler!

Margaret and I woke up early Saturday morning so we walked to Starbucks and then Pier 39...

I stumbled upon this Crepes place and had to get one!

Flipping them with a paddle...

That's mine on the right, with Ghirardelli chocolate chips.



oop, I put the same picture twice and it won't let me take it off. =)

Strawberries!!!



Then the fold it up into a HUGE triangle. Yum!

This is what greeted us while we were waiting in line to hop on the cable car. Beautiful morning!



Ready for her first cable car ride!

We rode the cable car downtown and spent the rest of the day shopping, shopping and shopping! We made it back to the hotel just in time to change clothes and get ready to see Wicked. It was amazing! I loved the show and can't wait till it comes to Fresno next year!
On Sunday morning we walked part of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was covered in fog which made it a bit freaky when it would shake under our feet as the cars passed! It was beautiful though...

After this, we headed back downtown for some more shopping before heading home. On Saturday, I went looking for a restroom and found a Crate & Barrel. On Sunday, I went looking for a restroom and found a 4 story Williams Sonoma.... now I know where the song "I left my heart in San Francisco" came from. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment