Monday, January 3, 2011

Hot/Cold Pillows

I forgot {and someone reminded me recently!} that I promised to show the little gifts I made for my girlfriends this year! I don't know why I never thought of this before! A couple of years ago, after a massage, the therapist gave me a long thin nylon sock filled with rice and told me to microwave it for a minute and use it as a heat pack. I never thought of sewing pretty fabric pouches! I came across this post from The Brassy Apple.
A close up of the poem that I printed out and made tags to attach.

Mine aren't filled with wheat, they are filled with plain rice that I got REALLY cheap from the bulk section at WinCo. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I made 12 gifts for less than $5 because I already had tons of cute fabric on hand. My bags are a little smaller than the Brassy Apple's , and I used more rice because I wanted them to be fuller.
These would make cute birthday treats as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment