Monday, January 31, 2011

Oval Chalkboard Frame

The oval frame was $1 at Rescued Treasures. I took out the ugly picture and gave it three coats of chalkboard paint that I already had from previous projects. There was a bubbled piece of plastic instead of glass on this frame, so I just removed it. I painted it Heirloom White with about 4 coats of spray paint. I simply inserted the chalkboard back into the frame and since The backing of this frame wasn't going to told it firmly in place, I hot glued it into the frame permanently.I can hang it vertically or horizontally. I am going to hang it as the top picture shows, near my craft station so I can jot down supplies as I run out of them.
This is a smaller version of my first chalkboard project... and it only cost me a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment