Wednesday, January 5, 2011

LOVE frames

I was inspired by Jen's post from last year, at Tatertots and Jello. Check out her XOXO project by clicking on the link. I decided to do "LOVE". I bought four frames at The Dollar Tree, and bought a bag of the clear circles that aren't really marbles, because they have a flat side to use as a bottom.
I took out the glass and painted the frames. I thought I had metallic spray paint, but I couldn't find it so I improvised and used a bottle of shimmery fushia craft paint. It wasn't the best paint to use on this type of frame, but the end result made them look a little antiqued.

I cut four different pieces of Valentine's scrapbook paper to fit the frames. I laid out the gems where I would want them, and then went back and hot glued them in place.





I added some rosettes to jazz it up. The last step was using hot glue to attach ribbon to the back of the frames after I put the cardboard backing in place.
I think they turned out pretty cute. The bright colors look shiny with the clear gems in person.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. so cute! thanks so much for sharing these great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured you on my blog today! Such cute ideas!

    swainstonvinylanddezign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! It would look great with buttons too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really cute as can be! I just became a follower! I love looking through your blogs you are so creative. Thanks for sharing, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! i love it with Gems. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out really cute! Great Job!
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glass gems! Great idea. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love the glass gems inside. I featured you today on my valentines day roundup :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I love the Dollar Tree! Would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! The party will be open all week if you'd like to link up multiple projects. Have a great day! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete