Friday, June 24, 2011

Chevron Tote Bag

I had a couple of white canvas tote bags left over from Cami's party. I decided to paint a chevron bag. A girl can never have too many tote bags! ;)First, I used the Silhouette software to cut the design out of a scrap piece of vinyl.

I used fabric paint (NOT the puffy bottles) and a stencil brush. I put a piece of cardboard inside the bag to keep any paint from bleeding through. Better safe than sorry!

I centered the vinyl on the bag and pressed it down as best I could.

Then I stenciled the paint on.

I removed the vinyl while it was still wet.

It bled through under some cracks, but that's ok. Adds character, and it's just for me. ;)

I let it dry completely. Actually, I let it dry overnight because I needed to go out and buy the turquoise paint. I cut a J out and stenciled it on the same way.

Last, I made some rosettes and hot glued them on the bag.



Ugh...I accidentally uploaded the same picture twice and blogger won't let me remove it! Oh well! Now I have a cute chevron tote bag!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute!! Love the blue and yellow together - it makes your bag look "happy!" :)

    ReplyDelete