Sunday, June 12, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Canadian Lobster Tail wth Chicken Skewer}

Friday night we had the pleasure of three other couples join us for dinner at OBJ. It was fun to switch it up and have no shortage of conversation among friends. I love my friends! Ok, now onto the food! As I mentioned last week, I planned on asking George to take a picture so that you could put a face-to-the-food. He told me he wanted his kitchen staff in the picture with him because they work SO hard! I think that's awesome...giving credit, where credit is due! I've had the pleasure of glimpsing these people work in the kitchen and I KNOW how seriously they take their job! They really care about the food they send out for YOU to eat! It's a beautiful thing to know that George is now imparting his food knowledge onto them, because once upon a time, someone (or some people) taught him. Good food really is an art.

Tonight's special salad was the Avocado Salad with Red Pepper Dressing, topped with Beet Sorbet. It was delicious as always! My hubby and I were having fork wars over this salad! I got up to take the picture in the kitchen, and when I came back he had eaten most of it! MY salad! Haha.

I was SUPER excited to hear that one of the night's specials was a 5 oz. Canadian Lobster Tail with a Chicken Skewer and served with White Chocolate Lemon Butter. This is my FAVORITE sauce! I had this sauce once, on a fish special and I couldn't wait to eat it again! You can just taste the hint of the white chocolate in the sauce and to me, it makes it take on that velvety smoothness. It was delicious! The lobster was cooked perfectly and the sauce added that great flavor! I loved swirling my chicken in the sauce too!

It was served with Candied Carrots, Snap Peas, Potato, and Garlic Bread! Look at those HUGE chunks of bacon in the the snap peas! Heck yes! Everything's better with bacon!

The dessert special was a Warm Apricot Tart with Apricot Sorbet. It was drizzled with caramel and white chocolate! This sorbet was like none I have ever tasted! The texture of it was out-of-this-world creaminess! It's so hard for me to put into words, but it's almost like what you would imagine the texture of satin flowing in the breeze tasting like...if it had a taste! :) It was soooo good, and almost had a hint of an orange taste to it. The tart underneath had a delicious crust, and sometimes you just can't beat a warm tart and cold ice cream on top! Fab-U-lous!

Thanks again for a wonderful night OBJ! Here's the easy link to their site for more info and the full menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment