Saturday, June 4, 2011

A taste of Orange Blossom {Bacon Wrapped Filet with Tomato Bearnaise Sauce}

Last night was date night! We couldn't wait to get to OBJ and relax and EAT!! :) Last night we both ordered the special! Lucky us, it was Bacon Wrapped Filet with Tomato Bearnaise Sauce! One of us ordered the soup and the other one ordered the special salad. Then we shared...best of both worlds! The soup was Cream of Broccoli with Mushrooms. Oh man, as I type this I would kill for another bowl of this soup. It is cold and drizzly this afternoon and it would be perfect right now! It is topped with cheese and fresh croutons. It was SO good, we were fighting over it! Creamy and delicious, the broccoli and mushrooms went great together!

Lucky for us, we didn't have to fight over the soup because we also had the Smoked Turkey and Avocado Salad with Red Pepper Dressing! The turkey salad added that great smoky flavor to the salad. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but there is half an avocado under the turkey! It also comes with carrots, shaved cheese, marinated red cabbage {would LOVE if I could ever talk George into telling me how to marinate red cabbage! We all know I'm crazy over it!}, and tomatoes. The red pepper dressing goes perfectly, and as always...OBJ dressings pack the flavor punch!

I even took home a tiny container of the Smokey Jalapeno dressing for my mother in law {aka: date night babysitter} because she swears she could just drink it!

Now onto the main course! Bacon Wrapped Filet with Tomato Bearnaise Sauce! It was served with a "stuffed" potato, {think twice baked style of potato} snap peas, candied carrots and garlic bread! One bite into this baby and we were oohing and ahhing all over the place! BOTH of us said we've never had a filet this good! And I've eaten my fair share! The sauce was AMAZING and didn't compete with the meat in any way. Usually I'm a purist when it comes to adding sauce to the cut of all cuts when it comes to beef, but this was amazing! Now I'll never want one without this sauce! I'm in trouble! Haha!

Everything on this plate was fantastic! I am so in love with the snap peas, I'm gonna dread them going out of season! The potato was creamy, cheesy, potato heaven!

This time I decided to cut it down the middle and show the inside. I hope it doesn't freak out the non-red meat eaters. For those of us that love it though, I'm sure you know by looking at it that this filet was cooked to my medium perfection! It doesn't get any tenderer than this! {Is that right? Tenderer? More tender? I don't know...but you get the idea!} ;)

Chef George came out and told us to try the Apricot Shortcake with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream! He said the apricots were delivered that day so this literally went from tree to belly in probably 1-2 days! That's just my guess! This is a cool summer twist on an old favorite. It was so delicious!

As always, check out their website and make some reservations! I'm thinking next week I'll ask George if he'll take a picture with me so that you can put a face-to-the-food! Did you know OBJ has a brunch menu on Sundays? I think we'll have to try that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment