Friday, June 17, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {Roasted Chicken and Almond Prawns with Schezuan Sauce}

My mom is visiting us from Ohio, so tonight I introduced her to Orange Blossom. She's heard and read so much about it that I HAD to take her. She ordered the other special of the night, Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter and she LOVED it! Click on the link if you'd like to read my previous post on that special! Now, onto tonight's...I ordered the special salad, which tonight was an Avocado Salad with Red Pepper Dressing and topped with a scoop of Beet Sorbet. I never get tired of this salad. It's delicious week after week!

Here is the Roasted Chicken Breast and Almond Prawns with Schezuan Sauce! I've never tasted their schezuan sauce and I thought it was SUPER tasty! It was spicy and packed full of flavor!

The prawns are perched on top of the chicken, and the chicken is presented on Parmesan Polenta. It's a beautiful presentation. You "eat" with your eyes first and this dish total has the "ooh and ahh" factor when it's set in front of you!

The chicken was JUICY and SO flavorful! The great thing is that even though it has the top part of the bone for presentation, it's cut off of the back part of the bone, so everything you see, you can eat. There are no bones to mess with on the back part of the breast. I've never had chicken served like that and I thought it was fabulous! The flavor that is in this chicken is great! True roasted flavor.

The almond prawns were delicious as always, but had an extra layer of flavor with the schezuan sauce! This plate was packed with flavor! It was served with Snap Peas, Candied Carrots, and Garlic Bread.

Since I'd already had the special dessert for the blog, I thought I'd blog about my mom's dessert: The Almond Joy!

This is on their regular dessert menu but I've never tried it because I've never been big on coconut. To my surprise, I really liked it!! It's amazing how your taste buds change with passing time. The Almond Joy is a chocolate ganache tart, topped with homemade coconut rum sorbet, drizzled with hot fudge and white chocolate, and sprinkled with sliced almonds! To top it all off it has coconut all over the whole thing! Wowzers! If you like coconut, you'll LOVE this dessert! Promise! {And you might even like it if you THINK you don't like coconut!} ;)


We had a wonderful dinner...even if my mom did make me eat at elderly time! Ha ha! Check out their location, menu, hours and sign up for the email list here!

No comments:

Post a Comment