Friday, April 8, 2011

Taste of Orange Blossom {A tale of two specials}

Where do I even begin?? Tonight I will be blogging about TWO specials! I ordered the Smoked Jumbo Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter and Brandon ordered The Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak! We were left speechless yet again! Take a little food journey with me through the pictures....All of the specials are always 3 course meals, so you choose a salad or soup, then you get your entree, then you get to choose your dessert! SO much food! The special salad tonight was Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing! I have been wanting to try this salad for a long time. As always, the dressing is made from scratch! This salad was fabulous! The warm bacon dressing almost turned it into a comfort food. I don't know how that's possible with a salad, but it is!
Here is the big daddy: Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak! They start out with a New York Steak {I have a wild guess that cube steak wouldn't be allowed in George's presence} ;) and then it is transformed into a crisp, Chicken Fried Steak that somehow borders on traditional and completely new and updated all at the same time! I LOVE the way it's served, alongside the traditional faves... Mashed Potatoes, Linguicia Gravy, Biscuits and Fried Eggs! Ummm, HELLO!
See what I mean? Kinda traditional, yet not. I don't know about you, but I've never had chicken fried steak made out of a new york cut! I won't presume to know how he prepares it, but it must be pounded out or tenderized because it is SO tender and DELICIOUS! Ok, now let me tell you about the Biscuits!!! My childhood was dotted {about once a year} with a car trip to Kentucky to visit my dad's mom and family. My dad was from Kentucky, and if you are from the south you know that biscuits are a way of life! I'm serious, it's all I ever cared about eating when I was there: Grandma Nellie's buttermilk biscuits and gravy. I have NEVER ordered it at a restaurant! I have tasted it each time my husband orders it though {which is every time we go out to breakfast} and it is useless! No one makes biscuits the way southern grandmas do, at least not that I've met...until tonight. When I bit into one, there it was, I can't put my finger on it, but it's there! The bouncy {for lack of a better word} texture of the inside of a wonderfully made homemade biscuit. So, so , so good!
Now onto my dinner! Smoked Jumbo Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter! I was told how great these are and I was finally there on a night when they were a special! I have NEVER had a juicier pork chop! They are smoked and the flavor that that it gives them is incredible. The spicy apple butter was awesome! It left just the hint of heat in your mouth, just enough to give the pork chop a great kick!
Look at how beautiful that is...
I had to do a close up. I'm a sucker for a Parmesan Crisp! {Sometimes I make them at home just to eat them for the heck of it!} Beautiful and tasty!

The special dessert we ordered tonight was Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream and Drizzled with White Chocolate!
There is a fabulous cake under that beautiful mound of huge strawberries and ice cream! I could not have dreamed up a more perfect dessert! I love how everything comes out of the kitchen there is FRESH and HIGH QUALITY!


Personally, I'd like to say that George and his kitchen crew work really hard to put quality and unique flavor as top priorities and I hope he knows that we really appreciate it and value the amazing food they continue to produce every week! It doesn't go un-noticed by your customers. ;)


As always, check out their weekly specials, hours, and regular menu at http://www.orangeblossomjunction.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment