Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FINAL Bathroom Changes!

If you read my last bathroom post, you know that I was less than thrilled with the wall decor. I ended up returning the metal knob board to Hobby Lobby. I've had this mirror in my garage for months, but I didn't know where to put it. I bought it cheap at the Just Between Friends consignment sale. I love the yellow, but it doesn't really match anything in my house. I decided to paint it gray. I put two coats of kilz primer, and two coats of paint. I would love to sand the edges and rough it up a bit, but I'm afraid of exposing the yellow paint.


The other thing I decided to do was add the gray smaller zinnias. I like it MUCH better now. For the smaller stencil I used a foam brush and just dabbed it straight up and down instead of using a roller. I tried it with a roller and didn't get great results on this intricate stencil. The way I did it worked perfectly though! Remember, my stencils are from Cutting Edge Stencils! :)





I have been reading about Washi Tape, and seeing it on etsy and blogs. I decided to order a couple of rolls. It's patterned paper tape.



Here is a close up of the design. This tape is gray so I thought it would be cute to add it to the frame.


This last update I have to do so I can FINALLY be done with the bathroom is to add this metal knob to the mirror. I bought it at Hobby Lobby, it was $4.99 but they were 50% off! ;) It has a long screw on the back and I need the hubs to cut it down with his grinder. I may not be afraid of the saw that could easily cut my hand off, but I am afraid to use the little tool that makes sparks fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment