Friday, April 22, 2011

Shanty's Picture Holder

Quite some time ago, I saw this post on Shanty 2 Chic. It took me awhile, but I finally made one! I love how it turned out. My board is a different size and my little decorative pieces are different, but same idea!Did I mention that it was my birthday this week and my hubby got me a telescoping miter saw?! Yes, he's the best! This block of wood was my first cut, I'm in love! The other three pieces I got at Hobby Lobby. I put Gorilla Glue in the picture, but then switched to E6000. I glued it all together, and went to bed. Unfortunately one of the joints came apart the next day so I reattached that part with hot glue. Next I spray painted it in Rustoleum Heirloom White. Then I sanded the edges and rubbed a bit of Valspar Antiquing Glaze on it and then wiped it off with a cloth.



I tried to do a close up so that you could see the distressed edges.


Lastly, I hot glued on the clip and we're ready for a picture!


I love how it turned out and I REALLY love this picture on it. I might add a fabric rosette in the corner to jazz it up a bit. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment