Saturday, April 2, 2011

Taste Of Orange Blossom {Red Snapper in Parchment Paper}

Last night we were blessed with our weekly food excursion to OBJ. We chose the Red Snapper with prawns and crab-stuffed mushrooms in parchment paper! The special salad tonight had mandarin oranges on it! I should have known that it would taste perfect, since my dressing was Orange Caesar! It was SO tasty!There's that favorite cabbage of mine, that makes my taste buds do the happy dance!

The main dish comes wrapped in parchment paper, and when you break it open, it has SO much juice in it! The parchment paper really holds all of the juice and flavor in the pouch!
Look at how beautiful that is! It had two prawns on top and two crab-stuffed mushrooms!
It came with roasted potatoes, candied carrots, winter greens and a huge piece of toasty garlic bread!

We had the special dessert, which was Chocolate Mousse Cake with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream {from scrizzatch of course!} and Hot Fudge! Seriously, does it EVER get any better than homemade ice cream???
We were getting ready to leave and stopped at Doug's {the owner} table for a chat. Chef George happened to come out and say hello and when he returned from the kitchen, handed me a truffle pop to try! You'll have to bear with me, I have yet to figure out how to photograph light colored food or plates with dim lighting....flash vs. no flash, Kodak vs. iphone camera, etc. Some of the colors are washed out which I didn't check at the time, which is a TOTAL bummer because this truffle pop rolled in almonds was BEAUTIFUL! Maybe I'll have to start getting the table next to a lamp and turn off my flash? We'll try better next time! The almonds are finely shaved and appeared to be lightly toasted {I forgot to ask because I was too busy devouring it! Oops!} ;)
This is Doug and Brandon each holding one. The other one looks like it's rolled in cookie crumbs, but I'm not sure. They made them for the Chocolate Romance Gourmet Dessert Fundraiser in Exeter today. Let me tell you, it was FABULOUS! I'm a chocoholic so I think this was my favorite part of the whole night! I was so full from all the food, but I STILL ate the whole thing!


Here's the link to their website for hours, menu, weekly specials, and concert info! Eat somethin' gooooood this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment